Saturday, April 9, 2011

and here are the pictures...

Our trip was GREAT today!! We managed to make it to 2 places that I had told you about in my previous post.

Blue Door Primitive Peddler in Alfred and Country Treasures in Shapleigh



This place was really amazing and she had a really nice setup here.  It was a tad bit overwhelming and the nice lady that worked there told us the technique to make sure we see everything "First go up the aisle one way then make your way back down only looking on one side...then make your way back the looking on the other side..."  So that is what we did.  They had a lot of nice things and I learned that the owner of the shop made about 85% of all the things in the store...I was amazed because she was a woman and definitely knew her way around powertools!



This place I really loved...and where I spent 46 dollars worth of money i probably should have saved!  It was very cute and quiant and there were 2 buildings.  The main building is the second photo down and this is where you pay.  The other building is set up with all of her great goodies for you to look around as well as the pay building.  It was really nice and they gave up coupons for 60 percent off during their summer yard sale which I think she said happens in June! 



The drive was amazing and on the way there we stopped on the side of the road to take pictures of this cool building and when we approached it and looked inside we realized it was an old school house.  The doors were locked but we did peek in the windows and got some kinda poor shots but you can see what I mean about cool!


It was a lot of fun and I would recommend visiting these shops if not just for the drive!

2 comments:

Jay T. Mitchell said...

I went to that school!

Lauren said...

you know its funny...I think I saw your picture on the wall!